Monday, September 12, 2005

Glossary (part I)

crenellation

n 1: a rampart built around the top of a castle with regular gaps for firing arrows or guns [syn: battlement, crenelation] 2: the action of constructing rampparts with gaps for firing guns or arrows [syn: crenelation]

Source: WordNet ® 2.0, © 2003 Princeton University

I chose the architectural term “crenellation” as I am one of those folks who safely guards my true feelings but have the periodic urge to fire off some shots.

I find the whole blog phenomena interesting in a Marshall McLuhan-ish way. He wrote that "all media are extensions of some human faculty -- psychic or physical” and that "the wheel is an extension of the foot; the book is an extension of the eye; clothing, an extension of the skin; electric circuitry, an extension of thecentral nervous system." I guess I’ll use this as an extension for the now.

No comments: