Friday, August 24, 2007

Tarp Avenger's Top 10 Must Own Films!

Ah, the dreaded Top 10 list that every film lover avoids like the plague. How can one who watches hundreds of movies every year possibly create such a list? It's simply impossible. Yet, as reasonable as I like to think I am, my delusional side rears its ugly head, so...

Here's a list of 10 films that any respectable movie buff should add to his or her collection.

"A Woman Is A Woman" (1961)
Directed by Jean-Luc Godard
I want a baby.
My boyfriend doesn't.
I'll just sleep with his best friend and he'll give me a baby.
Problem solved.














"The Dreamers" (2003)
Directed by Bernardo Bertolucci
That American boy is simply too uptight to appreciate the innocent and genuine relationship between a brother and sister.
No, they really are just taking a bath in the tub.

















"Breathless" (1960)
Directed by Jean-Luc Godard
Humphrey Bogart who?
Watch Jean-Paul Belmondo for a few minutes and if he doesn't make your nips hard.
Well, you know...





















"Burnt Money" (2000)
Directed by Marcelo Pineyro
Two gay men rob a bank and run from the law.
Their biggest problem?
Why one of them won't have sex with the other.
Brilliant.















"Lacombe, Lucien" (1974)
Directed by Louis Malle
Any respectable teenager would've joined the Nazis.
Just look at all that they offered.
A teen even got to carry a pistol to scare Jews with.














"Irreversible" (2002)
Directed by Gaspar Noe
A brutal rape filmed in real time.
Of all that cinema has to offer, this is one that I will cherish dearly.
















"Murmur of the Heart" (1971)
Directed by Louis Malle
Yes, the son's relationship with his mother is the love story.













"The Piano Teacher" (2001)
Directed by Michael Haneke
Not everything is what it appears.
Your piano teacher is really a sadomasochist.
















"Fists In The Pocket" (1965)
Directed by Marco Bellocchio
I have a plan.
Let's murder our blind mother and use the money we save from her medical bills to breed chinchillas.
Yes, sounds like a plan.
















"L'Enfant" (2005)
Directed by Jean-Pierre Dardenne & Luc Dardenne
We're young and stupid.
Oh, and we just had a baby.
I'm going to sell it behind my girlfriend's back.
Uh oh, she called the cops on me.
Bitch!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

great list! looking forward to watching these!