Sunday, July 18, 2010

Blissed-Out Buzz Saw

I Will Be is the debut full-length by the Dum Dum Girls on Sub Pop (2010) produced by Dee Dee (Kristin Gundred) and Sire Records co-founder Richard Gottehrer. Gottehrer is best known for writing the 1960s hits “I Want Candy” and “My Boyfriends Back” and for working with new wave and pop-punk artists like Blondie, The Go-Gos and most recently The Raveonettes.

I Will Be offers old girl group affect with punk fuzz progression (or, the band founder/songwriter Dee Dee’s much cooler description “blissed-out buzz saw”). Dum Dum Girls also include Jules (guitar and vocals), Bambi (bass), and Sandra Vu (drums and vocals).

Here are some mp3s courtesy of Sub Pop.

From the album I Will Be
Dum Dum Girls - Bhang Bhang, I’m a Burnout ::mp3::
Dum Dum Girls - Jail La La ::mp3::


From the S/T e.p. (Zoo Music)
Dum Dum Girls - D.A.L. ::mp3::

Links:
Dum Dum Girls MySpace
Sup Pop Records
Dum Dum Girls on Amazon

No comments: